Ms. Peterson has worked professionally as an associate producer, line producer, production supervisor, and production manager. Her credits include Fantasia 2000 (Disney), National Lampoon’s Favorite Deadly Sins (Showtime), Hotel Room (David Lynch director), Major League (Paramount), Nightmare on Elm Street and Tremors (Universal). Ms. Peterson started teaching at UCF in 2002 and is currently a full time associate instructor and a Graduate Scholar at the University of Central Florida’s Nicholson School of Communications and Media, in the Film and Mass Media department.
- M.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies from University of Central Florida (2012)
- B.A. in English from Rutgers University (1979)
- Digital storytelling
- The organizational culture of the professional film crew
- Production Management and its applications
- Developing internships for NSCM Film students
- Research in film studies
- Alumni development
Recent Research Activities
Thesis “That’s a wrap! The organizational culture and characteristics of successful film crews”
Published in the January 2014 edition of Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict.
TIP Award recipient Spring 2018
Promoted to Associate Instructor Fall 2014
TIP Award recipient Spring 2011
2008 College Open House Outstanding Achievement Award