Epicenter Media & Training
Christopher Tarantino, CMCP has almost ten years’ experience in emergency response/management and has acted in a variety of positions across the public- and private-sector – including roles at the volunteer, local, county, state, and federal levels. Mr. Tarantino serves as a Subject Matter Expert/Instructor for the National Disaster Preparedness Training Center, a Digital Communications Specialist for FEMA, is the Vice-Chair of the International Association of Emergency Managers’ Emerging Technology Caucus, a volunteer Firefighter/EMT, Hazardous Materials Technician and a Rescue Specialist with the Monroe County (NY) Special Operations Unit, and works with the New York State Type II Incident Management Team.
Mr. Tarantino is a certified Crisis Management Communications Professional and is the CEO of Epicenter Media & Training, a crisis/emergency management consulting and training agency with a focus on technology and information/communications management; he leverages his social media, public information, and emergency management communications expertise to help government and public safety organizations communicate to citizens in times of disaster.
True Social Media ROI
- Setting the stage / Intro
- Social media usage statistics
- Social media in crisis & emergency communications
- What social media metrics are important?
- Conversion / Goal-based
- What makes a strong…
- Community Manager?
- Social Media Analyst?
- Web Analyst?
- What systems should be in place to assess effectiveness?
- Policies / Guidelines
- Testing / Training / Exercises
- What training or exercises are available?
- Classroom / online training
- Discussion-based / tabletop exercises (TTX)
- Functional exercises (FE)
- Social media’s use during full-scale exercises (FSE)
- Next steps / Closing