Associate Professor, University of Florida, department of agricultural education and communication, lead researcher with the UF/IFAS Center for Public Issues Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources (PIE Center), co-director of the Center for Rural Enterprise Engagement.
Breakout Session 1: March 8, 10:45 AM-Noon
- Love lost: Understanding conservative and rural Americans’ relationship with the CDC during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Credence in crisis: Understanding what predicted Americans’ willingness to get a COVID-19 vaccine early in the pandemic.
- Hit me baby one more time: Understanding changes in Americans’ stress related to natural disasters during a public health crisis.
- Mask Minded: Understanding what makes Americans more willing to wear a mask during a public health crisis.
- Important people: The value of social influence as a path to increased vaccination during a publilc health crisis.
Top Student Papers: March 9, 2:30-3:30 PM
In the face of danger: The effect of news information on consumers’ perceptions and behavioral intentions in a food safety crisis.