Greetings, cooks! As December approaches, the temperature finally starts to drop, thank goodness! Today, I’ll be sharing my favorite chicken noodle soup recipe. Typically, making soup is a lengthy process, but as always, the crockpot makes it 100 times easier.
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
2. 2 ribs celery, chopped
3. 1 medium cooking onion, peeled and sliced
4. 2 slices ginger, peeled
5. 2-3 stocks fresh rosemary
6. 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
7. 1 container low sodium chicken broth
8. 1 cup white cooking wine (Optional but highly recommended)
9. Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
10. 2 cups egg noodles
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray
- Chop all of the vegetables
- Add carrots, celery, onion, ginger and rosemary.
- Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
- Add broth, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred with two forks and put back into pot.
- Add noodles and cook on high for 20-30 minutes.
Serve with sandwiches, biscuits, or in a bread bowl.
This recipe is great because you can chop the veggies the night before, wake up in the morning and dump everything in the crockpot before you go to work, come home throw the noodles in while you change and get comfortable, and have a nice warm dinner ready!
Stay warm this holiday season, cooks!