I’m not really one for cheesy blog posts, but this baked ziti dish is so amazing, someone had to write about it. Whether you’re trying to make dinner for one of your saucy tinder dates or eating all alone while binge watching your favorite TV show, you won’t regret your decision to make the Italian-American dish.
It all starts off with a trip to the grocery store. You will have to pick up a 16oz package of ricotta cheese, a 2 cup package of mozzarella cheese, a 2 cup package of Italian blend cheese, 2 jars of the red sauce of your choice, 1 16oz package of penne noodles, some basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Start by boiling the noodles using the directions on the box.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with half a jar of the sauce, 1 tablespoon of basil, and 1 tablespoon of oregano along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the noodles are done boiling, drain them and mix them in with the ricotta sauce you just made.
- Pour the other half of the jar of sauce into the pan you will use to bake the dish. Spread it evenly.
- Pour half the noodle mixture into the baking pan on top of the sauce. Then, sprinkle half the mozzarella and half the Italian blend cheese onto the layer of noodles.
- Pour half of the second jar of sauce onto the layer.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6.
- Bake covered at 350 for 25 minutes, then uncovered for 5 minutes.
That’s it. You now hold all of the secrets to create the most amazing baked ziti you will ever eat.