Do you want to give the perfect homemade gift to your best friend or your significant other? Well nothing says “you are wonderful” than a relaxing bath, that is aroma therapy for your mind and your body. Listed below are the ingredients needed to make up to 3 bath bombs for the perfect gift, all ingredients can be found in your local grocery store.
Coconut Bath Bomb
- 4 ounces of Baking Soda
- ounces of Citric Acids
- 2 ounces of Corn Starch
- 2 ounces of Epsom Salt
- 2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon of coconut essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 drops of yellow food coloring (you may choose any food coloring of your choice)
- One big bowl
- Two medium size bowls
- One small bowl
- A spray bottle
A mold of your choice (typically a circle mold, any mold will do or just shaping the bomb will your hand will suffice as well)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in the big mixing bowl. Add the four ounces of baking soda, the two ounces of citric acids, the two ounces of corn starch and the 2 ounces of Epsom salt. Whisk until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Melt the two ounces of coconut oil in microwave for thirty second in the small size bowl. Once finish, place of the side to cool down.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in the the small size bowl with the coconut oil after a few minutes. Add the two teaspoons of coconut essential oil and the tablespoon of water. Place mixture in the spray bottle.
- In the big mixing bowl with the dry ingredient gradually spray the liquids into the bowl. It is important to mix in the liquid gradually, due to the chemical reaction that occurs with the dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Spray until the consistency of the mixture is like dry sand and is easily molded together.
- Divide the mixture into the two medium sized bowls. Add two drops of yellow food color (or the color of your choice) and mix until the mixture is the desired color.
- With the circle mold (or whatever mold you chose) packed, the mixture into the mold. (You may alternate the different colored mixtures to your desire). Once completely packed into the mold, so that the mixture will completely combine.
- Once molded, take out the mixture and place it in an area to dry for 24 to 48 hours.
Once the bath bomb is completely dried out, you can drop the bath bomb in a warm bath and see the bath bomb fizz into your tub. The bath bomb will leave your skin feeling softer than when you entered, your skin will absorb the coconut oil and bring moisture back into your skin as you enjoy a relaxing bath. The Epsom salts is a relaxing agent for muscles and will take the aches away from your body. The bath bomb will make you feel like you are on a tropical island as the coconut scent fills the air. A homemade coconut bath bomb will make your quality bath time ten times better and you can experiment with different essential and body oils.