Lately we have been experimenting with different meals other than dinner, for example, last week we became bakers! This week, we will be making banana french toast in the crockpot. This one is the most convenient, because you don’t need to wake up early to make some decadent breakfast while you’re tip toeing around the house hoping not to wake anyone. Just throw all your ingredients in the night before, and wake up to your house smelling like banana goodness!
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4-ounces cream cheese
- 3 to 4 sliced bananas
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg to taste
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into thin slices
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray
- Spread cream cheese on both sides of all bread slices and arrange slices in a single layer on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer banana slices over the bread slices. and sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Arrange butter slices over the top and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs using a whisk or egg beaters.
- Add milk, honey, cinnamon , nutmeg and vanilla extract; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- The liquid should not cover the bread slices, but it should come up about three-quarters of the way up. If it’s less than that, add more liquid.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 2.5 hours.
Enjoy your breakfast, cooks!