Greetings, cooks! Lately we have been exploring other meals, like last week we made breakfast in the crockpot. This week, we’re going to go back to our comfort zone: dinner. This is my favorite chili recipe in the book, and of course it’s incredibly easy!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- ⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- Cook the ground beef in the skillet. (I know, we actually have to use something other than the crockpot for this… we’re making progress!)
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8.
THAT’S IT! Top the chili with sour cream and cheese. Another variation I like to do is make it a chili bake.
Chili Bake Instructions:
- While the chili is cooking in the crock pot, put some penne pasta in a boiling pot of water and cook until tender.
- When the chili is done, combine the past into the chili and put in a glass baking tray.
- Top with cheese and boil in the over for three minutes, or until cheese is melted.