Snatched From The Safety of His Home, Son Reunites With Dad After Thirteen Years

It had been thirteen years since a Floridian father (whose name police are not releasing) had last seen his one year old son. Back in the year 2000, the father was heading off to work and allowed the child’s grandmother to watch him during this time frame, but little did he know this would be the last time he would ever see his son again for quite a while. After returning from work to find both his son and the grandmother missing, it didn’t take long for the father to realize that the child’s grand mom had indeed abducted his own son from him. What did take long however, was tracking the grandmother and son down. For thirteen years the grandmother, Sandy Hatte, was moving the child all around different cities and states making it very hard for the police to track the two down. As the child grew older Sandy attempted to register him in the school system but he was never allowed to attend. Once the son became a teen, Sandy attempted once again to register him for classes but school officials became suspicious of her and notified authorities of who she was and what she was trying to do. Shortly after this incident occurred, the father hired a private investigator who eventually was successful in tracking down Sandy and the son. The police were made aware that Sandy and the son were now located in Missouri, which made it easier for the police to arrange a time for the dad to get his son back. After driving 19 hours from Alabama to Missouri, the father was finally reunited with his now fourteen year old son. Despite the drama the son had to endure to see his father again, the dad says he has been adjusting to his new life quite well. Things are not looking so bright for Sandy however, because as soon as police located her she was sent to Daviess Dekalb County Regional Jail where she was not only charged with Felony Child Abduction, but also given a bail of $25,000. Although tracking down his son’s location was no easy task, the father is still very grateful that his son is now back in his care where he always belonged.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.