A vital part of UCF’s culture is its focus on diversity and inclusion. In respect to Black History Month, there are many events occurring in February:
- Join Downtown student life in DPAC 171 on February 2 for a painting session, discussing the black renaissance and how it impacts us today.
- Join the Multicultural Student Center on Friday, February 4, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Live Oak Event Center for their Black History Month Opening Celebration, Black Joy: Happier Together! There will be cultural performances, speakers, student performances, a photobooth and more. This year’s celebration will also feature an award presentation where Black Registered Student Organizations will receive superlatives based on student votes. It’s a celebration not to be missed!
- Attend The Diversity Forum, a collaborative event with SHPE UCF that celebrates diversity and inclusion. The forum concludes with a corporate networking session. This year the main topic will be Delivering Authentic Excellence through Differences. The event is located at the Live Oak Event Center at 4115 Pyxis Lane, Orlando, FL 32816. Register here.
- Be a part of the John T. Washington Lecture Series: “’It Could, in Fact, Conquer the Color Line’: Black Women, Beauty Advertisements, and Dreams of Equality.” The lecture series will occur on Thursday, February 17, 2022, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. More information, including on how to RSVP, can be found here.
- Have a Conversation with New York Times-bestselling author, Kiley Reid. The event will occur on Tuesday, February 22, 2022, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. The virtual discussion will include information about her career journey, writing process as well as her critically acclaimed novel, “Such a Fun Age!” This event is free and open to everyone, but advanced registration is required. Click here to receive more information on the event.
Published February 1, 2022. Written by Iulia Popescu.
If you have any news, accomplishments or highlights about your work or life, please be sure to share them with us, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.