- Games and Interactive Media Program
The MA program in Digital Media engages students in theoretical frameworks, methods, and critical media practices related to computational, interactive media. Through rigorous creative and research projects, the MA prepares students for continued study in a Ph.D. program or employment within the industry. Working closely with innovative faculty and technology partnerships in downtown Orlando, students will employ emerging technologies to communicate interactive narratives and experiences while also producing cutting-edge research in interactive media.
- Graduate funding information
- Faculty Research and Creative Areas of Work
- Digital Media M.A. Student Research
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.
- A written statement (1 – 2 pages) describing the student’s personal goals, objectives, and research interests in seeking the degree.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors or employers who can address the applicant’s ability to undertake graduate-level courses.
- For students intending to pursue the studio track, a link to a web portfolio of 2 – 5 substantial creative and/or technical works. For students intending to pursue the thesis track, writing sample(s) totaling 10 – 15 pages.
- Applicants applying to this program who have attended a college/university outside the United States must provide a course-by-course credential evaluation with GPA calculation. Credential evaluations are accepted from World Education Services (WES) or Josef Silny and Associates, Inc. only.
Desirable background skills for this degree include familiarity with computer coding and/or digital design, but these are not required as coursework addresses these areas.
Meeting minimum UCF admission criteria does not guarantee program admission. Final admission is based on evaluation of the applicant’s abilities, past performance, recommendations, match of this program and faculty expertise to the applicant’s career/academic goals, the applicant’s potential for completing the degree, and the current applicant pool.
|Digital Media MA||*Fall Priority||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|Domestic Applicants||Jan 15||Jun 1||—||—|
|International Applicants||Jan 15||Jan 15||—||—|
|*Applicants who plan to enroll full time in a degree program and who wish to be considered for university fellowships or assistantships should apply by the Fall Priority date.
Applications will be reviewed at the end of each month, with the last review after the July 1st deadline.